Thursday, April 29, 2010

Titanic



When Titanic first came out I was 7-years-old, but I still can remember going to see the movie in theaters with my family. When I was seven I obviously didn't understand Titanic as well as I do today, but I recall liking it as much as I do today. Its the perfect love story whether your seven or 47, although a little scary for a 7-year-old. This film was made in 1997 and was directed by infamous James Cameron, who also recently directed Avitar.

Most people have seen Titanic, and millions fell in love with it. The movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio who plays a poor boy living his life day-by-day, and Kate Winslet who plays Rose, a rich girl about to get married to a wealthy man named Cal (Billy Zane). Jack and Rose meet on this "unsinkable ship" and fall in love the moment they see each other. Rose realizes that she does not want to marry Cal, and once the Titanic anchors she is going to get off the boat with Jack.
Before the Titanic is able to anchor, it hits an iceberg and the bottom of the ship starts to fill up with water. The unsinkable ship is going to sink. Jack and Rose fall deeply in love during a major crisis. Not only does Rose have to worry about her mother, Cal, and the ship men, but now her life is put in danger as the Titanic begins to sink.

This movie is filled with love, passion, death a disaster. This three and a half hour long movie keeps your attention at every scene. The digital affects in this film are unbelievable. For the last 13 years of my life I have watched Titanic over and over again, each time I gain a new appreciation for it. I'm sure I will continue to watch this movie forever. Leonardo DiCaprio was the first man I fell "in love" with, and I don't think I'll every grow out of it.

The Titanic is based on a true story (minus the characters) and therefore makes this disaster even more of a tragedy. Thousands of people are very interested in the sinking of the Titanic. People have become so interested that they even made a Titanic museum. Of course I went to the museum in NYC and it was very interesting. You start off with a card that has a persons name on it, then you go through the entire musuem, at the end you are able to find out whether your person survived or not. In the museum they have real models of the dinning rooms, bedrooms, staircase and even an iceberg that you can touch that is just as cold as the water the passengers died in.The Washington Post said, "You could stay awake till the wee hours extolling the extraordinary stunts, cinematography, production design and special effects of "Titanic." James Cameron's $200 million epic about the doomed ocean liner is easily the most visually stunning experience of the year. Of course, it should be. It's the most expensive production in movie history, and it had the demonically energetic Cameron at the helm." This just goes to show how amazing Titanic really is!

Check out the trailer below...

No comments:

Post a Comment